Friday, February 27, 2009

My Interview with Rosie O'Donnell

I was nervous about talking to Rosie O'Donnell on my radio show last night--- and not just regular nervous, but boob sweat nervous--- for two reasons.

One, she is such a large personality who I admire and while I am not easily intimated, in this case I was. Both in that I admired her, but also because she is bigger than anyone else I have ever interviewed, and that is saying a lot considering that I have spoken to some heavy hitters.

The second reason is that I had heard so many stories of her lashing out at people for no reason, and I was afraid that she wouldn't be nice to me, but I was wrong, they were just unfounded stories. She was LOVELY. She was interesting. She was open, smart, disarming, funny (of course) and eminently approachable and the experience was all that I could have hope for.

Take a listen!